- Continue fully funding police and working with Mayor Harrell to make policing better and safer.
- Implement the recruitment plan I funded to hire officers who share Seattleites’ values.
- Expand our existing first responders: Community Service Officers, Parking Enforcement, Health One, Mobile Crisis Team, and Park Rangers. I strongly support Mayor Harrell’s CARE Department.
- Scale up my public safety task forces that implement real-time solutions by connecting small-business owners and residents to the support they need.
- Hiring public safety coordinators in every neighborhood.
- Better is not good enough. The number of homeless is an unacceptable societal failing, and addressing homelessness will remain a top priority of my office.
- Expand our Vehicle Outreach Team, and scale up our neighborhood homelessness response teams.
- Crack down on predators hiding behind homelessness and preying on vulnerable people.
- Add urgency to the Regional Homelessness Authority.
- Fund non-congregate shelter while building and buying the permanent housing we need.
- Increase speed, consistency, and predictability of issuing permits for housing.
- Continue funding affordable housing at or above $200 million per year.
- Continue the rapid acquisition of affordable housing by buying already-built buildings in addition to building housing affordable for working families.
- Increase the stock of family-sized units at affordable rates so that people of all income levels can afford to live here.
- Ensure increased density meets the character of our city through design guidelines and building codes.